About Me

My photo
3rd year student at UW-Stout pursuing a Game Development and Design Degree.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Week One


Throughout the first week of class, I have already noticed a difficult transition in drawing styles from previous drawing classes. My style is much slower paced than the 30 second gestural drawings and has a much stronger tendancy to pay attention to value rather than line. The drawings from a live model was difficult at first, but I felt more confindent after each exercise we did. The homework however, our adopted sea shells, has really thrown me for a loop and find that my 5-10 minute drawings don't show any improvement over my gesture drawings without the use of blending or using any other methods that I am used to. However, it is only the first week and I am confident in my ability to keep trying and hopefully there will be marked improvement.